
Fall has quickly sprung upon us here at the farm... a few people have asked that I take pictures to capture all the magnificent colors of the trees. Over the past few days I've taken a lot of pictures, and I even took a 15 minute video of our drive home from Church this morning to try and show all the colors of fall. But its really tought to get the full spectrum in just a picture or a video, plus the video is 1.25 GB which would completely crash our internet here to load it on here (maybe when I'm in Cincy or something).
This past week the staff spent a lot of time at the Farm because we built our new woodshed. A volunteer put his foot through the floor of the old woodshed only to find some sort of water pit underneath it - snakes included. So instead of repairing that one we decided to build a nicer, larger one. The new one is 14 feet wide, 9 feet high (in the front) and about 12 feet deep. We practically built a garage. On Friday I got the joy of taking our two kittens (Uno and Donnelley - given to us by our neighbor Granny) and our two dogs to the vet. That was quite the experience, lugging these two 70 pound dogs around in there.
The Wilson family, one of our community friends, asked us to help with a retreat they were planning yesterday. So we planned a "stop" on their prayer walk. The retreat was part of an organization called Christian Endeavor and was meant for families in that organization from all over West Virginia. Sadly there weren't many people involved, although from what I heard of the organization it is worldwide... I have yet to look it up. But I took the above picture there, it's from the county park where you can see a few mountains that are laced with all kinds and colors of trees.
This upcoming week I'll get some good time off the Farm, working with a few of our neighbors, as well as more time on the Farm preparing for the upcoming group week. After 8 weeks without volunteers the staff is more than ready to have a group week.
I haven't made too much progress on Blue Like Jazz, but when I do take time to read it I read about two chapters. I think Donald Miller has some really great and insightful things to say in this book, although he seems pretty scattered and the flow of the book is somewhat lacking. But I like those little insightful tidbits. Amy arrived this past weekend and has been adjusting to her new home here in West Virginia... we talked yesterday about having some sort of prayer once a week specifically focusing on the Marianist Charism and our lay commitments, so hopefully that happens because I think that will be quite beneficial for both of us.
Here's to another week of cold, crisp fall mornings and nights with a share of warm afternoons. :)